All these steps are easy with a proper lead management CRM. Let’s follow most important of them:
1. Nurture the lead and find the perfect one
Lead nurturing starts with defining the type of the lead and finding as much information about the prospect as possible for further successful proceeding. There are different ways to define your lead, for example you can categorize it demographically.
Identify how your product may be useful to buyer, what the prospect might be interested in. Look at the table below and calculate the score. The higher it is the more valuable is your prospect.
- Early stage content (how-to guide, Ebooks, infographics etc) educates your visitors without sales.
- Mid-stage content (case studies, white papers, testimonials) gives the lead an evidence of your capability to solve his or her problem.
- Late-stage content (targeted case studies, characteristics of businesses choosing your services and other vendors) apply to late-stage questions of the lead.
keep the lead behavior in line. Observe actions: what pages does a prospect visit, what docs or materials does he/she download etc.
2. Qualify the lead
any contact is an unqualified lead. Your job is to make it qualified.
find out the position of contact in the company. Check if the lead is a right one for nurturing. The prospect can get a high score according to the table above, but he/she should also hold a position high enough to be able to make decisions, such as cooperation with you.
get acquainted with the lead. For instance, search the additional informaiton about the lead in social media.
get all the data about your lead. Organize it into one of two schemes. The first one may contain Budget, Authority, Need, and Timeframe (BAND). The second one may show Challenges, Authority, Money, and Prioritization (CHAMP).
3. Convert lead into opportunity.
4. Work on opportunity.
assigning new tasks or events