Two major factors impact patients and trigger fast and timely aid from a call center. These are natural and human-made factors. Natural factors, such as aging, chronic diseases, heart diseases, strokes, breathing difficulties, epileptic seizures, severe pain, surgical emergencies, etc.
On the other hand, the most common human-made factors are road collisions, physical injuries, construction accidents, sports injuries, slip and fall, medical malpractice, and the list goes on and on.
The rising death score from natural and human-made factors triggered a huge demand for agile and effective patient care. The day-by-day arithmetic progression of inquiries for better patient care over the world is challenging for the healthcare industry.
Far more people died in emergencies because of a lack of speed of communication with emergency medical service (EMS) or family physicians. With the help of advanced features in the medical and communicating industry, it’s possible to tackle every healthcare necessity and patient experience.
Featuring healthcare industry with technologies
Call centers are the single most important department in the health industry for preventing and treating emergencies through emergency notifications. There are two working modes for call centers in the healthcare industry. These modes are emergency and ordinary working environments.
The speed of answers is the most valuable asset of a call center for patient treatment, in an emergency type of requests, when there is always a little time to save life or give necessary aid. Medical call center agents in the health industry know that emergency calling volume may vary.
There are easy days when patient experience includes refill renewals, medication suggestions, care plans, health consultations, etc. And there are days when suddenly, call centers work in a high-pressure calling volume with mostly emergency requests.
To leverage maximum efficiency and productivity call centers have to work 24 hours a day non-stop, both in an ordinary and emergency environment.
Delight with proactive patient experience
These days the patient’s wellness and experience go beyond the ordinary imagination of back-office call centers. Proactive call centers experiences stem from omnichannel communication through digital channels with patients 24 hours a day.
The holistic experience has supreme importance for patients. And an option to interact with the medical department or relevant health assistant via phone, within one touchpoint. Or they could observe vital information from communication channels such as email, chat, etc.
Reduce strain from agents with automate routine interactions
Automation of routine interactions with patients is a question of supreme importance. When patients know exactly what they need, it’s important to automate the processes of health requests.
Those who don’t quite know what they need should be routed to the relevant department or agent. To tackle these issues, and reduce strain from the call center agent, you need a self-service function for a call center.
In this case, automation brings a proactive patient experience that saves vital time to solve pharmacy or clinical issues without unnecessary calling, waiting, or searching.
It reduces the strain of call centers in the high volume of calls, messages, and information from patients. Proactive automation reduces fragmentation of aid for patients that have to wait in a queue or speak with the call center agent immediately.
Streamline effective care
Great care velocity and patient journey stem from the professional attitude of staff and advanced technologies. To establish great wellness for patients, call center agents online, 24 hours a day in a few digitals channels simultaneously.
Software for call centers brings 24/7 connections with patients that stand out from the crowd among traditional and back-office call centers. It hits the ground with 100% calls and messages losses-free. Foster patient’s trust with the timely callbacks, messages, and emails.
Impact of a healthcare call center in comparison with a traditional call center
Traditional call centers work on different types of inbound and outbound calling campaigns. They have the widest range of projects and handle mounds of tasks during a day. The bottom line of these call centers is delivering simple information to patients about ordinary health issues.
Yet, delegating health projects to ordinary call centers could cause serious injury or worsening of symptoms, if there are no timely callbacks, refill renewals, consultations, or appointments with a physician.
It’s also a well-known fact that patients are calling healthcare call centers in emergencies. There are situations when patients forget about ordering vital medications and give a call when their lives are in danger. Timely healthcare call center solutions excel and give a hand to patients in critical situations.
Seamless healthcare call center software and how can you benefit
Nowadays, hospital call centers without advanced software are behind the curve and can’t handle a high volume of patient requests. The medical call center software could save more lives than emergency service, because of proactive and efficient communication through phone, chat, and email.
The software for the hospital call center tackles this lack of communication and has the widest option to respond to every call, message, or email. Cloud contact software is designed in a manner to be in touch with patients 24 hours a day.
Unified features of healthcare call center solutions
- Intelligent call routing / automatic call distribution (ACD). If a patient calls the healthcare call center, there is a serious emergency situation. It’s vital to route a patient’s call to the exact person or department without wasting a single second.
This system records the previous interactions of patients with department or medical call center agents and routes them to the relevant person. An ACD system was designed to boost agent productivity and save maximum time.
- Omnichannel communication. The main advantage of call contact center software is to provide a timely response on the changing patient’s condition via different sources of communication. In some cases, patients contact the health department not only with a phone but with chat or email as well. This is one of the easiest ways for appointment setting.
- Operators will be notified about every call or message from patients and give a response within a seconds. If there are missed calls or messages, operators have an option to give a callback, task automation, and appointment scheduling within one click.
- Self-service. The self-service function mitigates unnecessary talking with a health-support team on obvious issues. Interactive voice response is a voice service system that creates an astonishing self-service tool for every patient on obvious issues and helps to solve issues such as:
- Identifying high-risk patients;
- Electronic health records;
- Improving patient satisfaction;
- Preventing medications errors;
- Reducing fraud, waste, and abuse;
- Reducing cost;
- Reducing readmission rate;
- Improving patient engagement.
- CRM integration. Featuring the healthcare industry, integration of CRM allows having a communication history with a particular patient, click-to-call feature, and call recording. Because of built-in CRM systems in healthcare contact center software, the operator quickly finds relevant information about a patient. It’s important to have all of these features in a healthcare call center, because of critical time-savings and recording features. CRM helps to increase the emergency notification and agent’s response. It also creates additional functions for:
- Enhanced patient communication;
- Reduced Administrative mistakes;
- Personalized care;
- Security and HIPAA compliance;
- Patient experience insights for better campaigns.
- Quality management. In a call center, it’s important to listen, assist and evaluate every conversation with patients. This option is designed to control the quality of conversation with patients by connecting to conversations, recording, and filling the quality scorecards.
The future of the healthcare call centers industry
All patients demand holistic healthcare issues on their problems. The traditional hospital call center operators can't deliver rising necessities and request volume because of a lack of advanced technologies. It’s important to be in touch with patients 24/7 and effectively respond to their physical condition.
Unified contact center software is a solution designed to satisfy the needs of health organizations. It also doesn’t require hours of training to make simple and effective conversations with patients.
It also reduces the strain of the staff on interacting and searching background information about patients. The staff of the call center already know vital information about patients before the interaction begins. A high level of stability and data protection is one of the second most important assets for a medical call centre.
When a patient purchases some of the medical service or coverage, contact center software is helpful for a proactive customer experience. It’s also useful to have a great customer experience in the case of selling medications.