Now, the Voiptime Cloud conducted the latest analysis on the call center industry and call center automation trends for 2022 and beyond. Some of these call center technology trends are known from the latest surveys, and others come from interviewing our partners and the industry's experts.
Either way, the chances you profit from the information in the guide are huge, and you can do it absolutely on a free basis.
What Are The Up-To-Date Contact Center Technologies?
Hint: Artificial Intelligence Isn't The Blue Pill.
Before the moment the economy turned bad, the golden standard for the call center industry was: efficiently contact customers to foster a 5-star customer experience.
Today for 100% success, you add to this statement conditions such as delivering startling, 24/7 operation, competitive edge, customer experience, working from home, cyber-security, presence across voice and non-voice channels, advanced training for agent performance, and many, many more.
The up-to-date call center technology trends with the right cloud technology must encompass all of these features listed above in one solution, yet not only that. Read on.
What Irritates Customers The Most When They Call To The Call Center
The vast majority of day-by-day call center activities are requests for information, ordering details, payment confirmations, and customer service. High calling volume forces managers to use call center technology to handle contacts with all prospects and customers. The variety of the voice and non-voice channels, plus agentless functions, are a decent aid. Each call center technology and there are plenty of them, are helpful. However, knowing how to use them to meet people’s needs makes a difference between success and failure in the call center industry.
And here’s where most call center managers make the first critical mistake: they’re struggling with initiating and customizing viable features such as interactive voice response (IVR), automatic call distribution (ACD) system, web, and chat.
The output from unwise usage of the call center technology works like preventing mechanism for interaction with a real agent. As a result, instead of the dynamical optimization of the shift, the workload and pressure of call center agents rise astronomically.
The second critical mistake in initiating call center technology is putting software components such as ACD, IVR, Web, and chat bot together. It creates a FAQ or bot-style conversation. In fact, when all of the call center features deliver the same value and prevent them from talking with human agents, it significantly decreases customer experience.
Back to the real world, the truth is that each call center technology must provide unique and personal customer service, helping them to reach their objectives. For instance, IVR - routes to relevant call center agents, arrange a callback, etc. And a chatbot has a perceived value and supplies people with relevant info. Now here’s the infographic on how these technologies must look at your call center.
The Call Center And An Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system
The benefits of the IVR are underestimated by owners of most small, mid, and enterprise businesses. Yet the Fortune 100 companies astronomically profit from each of call center technology including the ACD and IVR. And this amazing piece of software is accessible for SMBs today, yet many managers are unaware of it.
The direct impact of the call center technology such as the IVR software on the customer experience is:
- Reduced talking time with live agents;
- Personalized customer experience and natural self-service;
- The IVR match for carrying virtually unlimited inbound calling volume;
- 100% frees customers from busy signals and delays;
- Capable to carry viable information for all customers;
- Cut expenses on incoming calls and spare agent’s time;
- Route customers to the relevant agents within one transition;
- Collects feedback from callers;
- 24/7 working without any live agent;
- Serve both as a routing tool;
- Wide pool of customization to meet your business goals.
These components are easy to set up, in case, you have the right cloud call center technology and the knowledge to use it. The software reduces maintenance overheads, speed of initiation, and agents’ workload. In cloud-based call center technology, IVR is adjusted with the model pay-as-you-go without any upfront payments whatsoever as you experience on on-premises.
Technical support of the Voiptime Сloud company provides advanced call center technology and guarantees 100% shape of the system while you earn money and never bother about sophisticated technical issues. These rules are applicable to the financial orbit of both the call center and the contact center.
The Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) System
If experts have to choose three ultra-critical contact center trends, the ACD system would be among them. This conclusion is grounded on the countless feedback both from customer service teams and consumers combined. It actually distributes and routes each call to the relevant department or an agent in a company. Let’s look at the advantages of the ACD call center technology for the contact center:
- Prompt routing to the IVR menu;
- Routing to the specific department or an agent with relevant skills;
- Announcing of anticipated hold time;
- Distributing voice and non-voice channels (live chat, SMS, social media, email) to specific groups of agents;
- Putting the caller on hold until the relevant agents are available;
- Reporting about consumer behaviors in the IVR and the queue.
Moreover, the system tracks, displays, and reports about contacts in real-time or historical mode. It drastically reduces the manager’s work on observing the big picture of the call center to improve customer experience and make timely decisions.
The contact center technology such as call blending – gives the capacity to allocate sales and customer service teams to inbound or outbound calling assignments timely and effectively. As a result, the contact center experiences zero losses in business goals, flexibility, and stability.
Do you want to customize your contact center technology in the ACD system according to your specific goals? Here’re the main pillars of the technology you need to use:
- Create rule-based routing – distribute % of calls to a certain group of agents, based on destination priority, caller info, caller number, caller phone type (phone, mobile); It will be the consistent customer experience for the particular type of calls;
- Time-based – build your routing logic accordingly to the time of a day/week or season;
- Area-based – Build your routing according to NPA (area code) or Zipcode;
- Skill-based – certain calls are distributed to the particular agents according to their skills.
- Previous conversations logic – take the caller’s data from previous human interactions to build the future routing trace.
For instance, the Voiptime Cloud automatic call distribution system has an unlimited capacity to absorb hundreds of calls simultaneously. The only limit is the number of agents in your call center. According to reports, the Voiptime Cloud ACD can absorb 90% of calls within 5 seconds, no matter how many inbound calls you receive.
The cloud contact center technology in the ACD system has a boatload of advantages that none of the on-premises systems can deliver:
- 100% expenses-free from the traditional telecom provider services. For instance, traditional providers increase your overheads by charging you for countless setting up and customization of the ACD sys because of the capital expenditure (Capex) model.
- 100%-free from overheads on capital investments at the moment, you choose the cloud ACD system. Use the operational expenditure model (Opex), which means pay-as-you-go. In the case of on-premises, you need to pay upfront, then wait for a few days or weeks until your system is ready for work.
- Fast updates dash enhancements. For instance, on-premises need weeks, and thousands of dollars paid upfront to make the same.
- Free yourself from the expertise required to implement the system. In the case of the on-prem, you need telephony engineers and IT professionals that take money upfront for their work.
- The technical team is always in charge of your ACD system work. You just set the requirements, while everything else is the responsibility of the Voiptime Cloud personnel.
Would you like to try out the Voiptime Cloud software for the call center with all these features listed above? You can achieve them within 24 hours. Just give us a call, from Monday, till Friday and our number is:
It’s also possible to contact the team, using live chat, when you visit the voiptimecloud.com website. Especially when you need to reach us outside business hours.
For more accurate service, fill out the “Get the quote”. Either way, our team will contact you as soon as we receive your request.
Let’s drive to other call center technology trends you can have in your call center without overheads yet large returns.
Workforce Management As You In The Office
The only desirable condition of remote work is that it must be as productive and controlled as in the office. For too long, that was hard to organize a workforce management system to deliver to managers fuller control over the contact center operation. Yes, today at your fingertips have versatile tools for 100% control and management of your employees absolutely remotely, just having a piece of the contact center technology.
For instance, the fuller control you seek, provided with the contact center technology with the workforce management (WFM) tools give you the capacity to create telemarketing campaigns, edit working hours, and assign agents or groups of call center agents to specific outbound or customer service calling tasks. Take a look at how you can benefit from:
- Control of the agent’s talking, working, and idle times. There’s no way to escape the manager’s sight of view because data is accessible in a real or historical time mode;
- Scheduling of working hours. Managers schedule their shifts for virtual agents, and everyone is aware of their daily, weekly, or monthly workload;
- Scheduling outbound or inbound campaigns and blending them in your favor. Agents work on a wide array of assignments depending on the business goal;
- The fast editing and informing. If the manager or authorized supervisor decides to change the workload or call assignments, all other agents see the changes in real time.
One of the most frustrating issues for managers is controlling the virtual agents during the work-from-home (WFH) or a hybrid model. Now, It’s changed, thanks to all-in-one contact center technology.
Reporting and Analytics will satisfy the most demanding managers
The quality of remote management has paramount importance. Such features as reporting and analytics must furnish managers with real-time and historical data about each agent in your call center. If you miss, at the moment, some of the rep's activities, the system unconditionally notices everything.
Frankly, it’s easy to search for the precise agents and their calling activities because of time and date marks. In front of your eyes, the historical data from previous hours, shifts, or any other period of the week, month, and year.
Here’s the reporting regarding a specific agent or group:
- The simple view of tasks for a group of agents. Reporting furnishes you with the relevant info about a group of sales and customer service agents during telemarketing and inbound campaigns or calling assignments.
- Clear info about a specific agent. If you want to observe the info about the agent, it’s easy to view the logged in/logged out, talking, wrap up, ready/not ready, ringing times. The system simplifies observing average times for each category of calling activity to achieve the estimated times.
Take a look at what the system reports about in your call center:
- Number of inbound calls;
- The total duration of inbound calls;
- Number of missed calls;
- Number of calls during telemarketing campaign and their duration;
- Number of outbound calls that don’t reach customers in the list;
- Number of callbacks on requested or missed calls;
- Reporting on non-voice channels (SMS, chat, email).
- Details about each call in a call center for the chosen period. Take an agent or group of agents and see the data like the number of processed calls, average duration, missed, refused, abandoned calls, and more.
Thus all touchpoints between customers and agents are noticed, have time marks, and are easy for searching.
High-Quality Call Recordings
The call recording is the tool managers will gladly use to track the actual agent performance and customer experience by listening to conversations and resolving complaints.
Believe it or not, the Voiptime Cloud call center software works so well that some of our partners reported that their agents refuse to work because every conversation is recorded with the highest sound quality.
The advantages of call recording:
- Unlimited capacity to record inbound and outbound calls. Just make sure you have the disk drive or proper device for storing a huge amount of audio files;
- Time marks and agent’s information. Because of the accurate time and date mark, the search for the relevant audio file is easy than ever;
Regarding the recording, the cloud software works extraordinarily effectively and furnishes every manager with the materials for the measurement of customer experience and rep’s productivity.
Computer Telephony Integration
A computer telephony integration system (CTI) allows initiate calls via devices, with the Voiptime Cloud call center’s software and a high-speed internet connection.
To make calls over the internet happen, you need a desktop/laptop and wired internet connection. That’s 100% enough to implement the wide array of inbound and outbound calls.
And it’s possible because the software provided by the vendor is actually doing all the sophisticated work for connecting customers to the call center and vice versa. CTI has desktops of administrators, supervisors, and agents. Take a look:
- The desktop of the administrator or authorized supervisor. At this desk, the manager controls all calling processes across voice (phone) and non-voice (SMS, web, chat, social media, email) channels. Admin creates a workflow, configures working shifts, and assigns inbound lines and outbound call campaigns to a group of agents.
The function of listening, whispering, or taking over conversations helps managers to control conversations, improving customer experience. The admin is free to permit or prohibit access to the system in seconds.
- The desktop of the supervisor. The supervisor is authorized by the administrator person that has administrative functions to schedule, assign, and call to a group of agents. The supervisor easily uses the internal system to communicate with agents and teams, monitor calls, etc.
- Agent desktop. Each agent has its own unique credentials. The capacities of agents are limited by contacting customers, observing the schedule, calling assignments, and scripts.
Plus, agents are free to initiate only those calls and messages they are accustomed to from the supervisor or administrator. Let’s say you assign to receive inbound calls to a certain agent or group of agents, and they can’t make outbound calls, no matter what.
The Customer Relationship Management System is another Top 3 Functions of the Call Center
The customer relationship management (CRM) system is the top trend for a call center, no matter how big or small it is. The benefits are in the intelligence each agent achieves for conversations with customers. One of the reasons why call centers suffer is the flaws in their CRM.
The advanced CRM system has a function to update the information about customers in real-time, so conversations are much more productive and faster. The surveys indicated that agents with up-to-date information outperform all others by the equivalent of 1 to 5 in closing sales or delivering relevant customer service. The advanced CRM has:
- The function of integration with any business tools or databases;
- The security of customers' data from internal or external frauding, penetrating, and bypassing. Sales representatives or customer service operators see only the part of the phone number or credit cards;
- The reporting and changing. It’s easy to observe the relevant information or change it in the CRM system by the authorized person;
- An uninterrupted work of the Voiptime Cloud CRM system. The system is accessible 24 hours a day, and the technical support team of the Voiptime Cloud has a 100% supporting responsibility.
- Blacklisting of phone numbers. Sometimes it’s better to put the phone number on the blacklist because of the rude or irrelevant customer. With the CRM system, it’s easy to do with one click.
The SIP’s technology enables the world-class conversations
There are 3 types of SIP trunking modern call centers use today. The first type is on-premises, and the second type is internet trunking. The third type is a hybrid of cloud and on-premise, the technology used in a call center, with the function bring your own carrier (BYOC).
The on-premises SIP trunking is recognized as money and time-consuming overhead for contact centers. No empty claims, for instance, for uninterrupted operation, all on-premises require the telephony infrastructure, IT staff, updating, and maintenance.
If your accountant compares figures on annual using cloud-based call center technology and traditional telephone lines, these figures might surprise you.
The cloud call center technology in the case of SIP trunking has virtually unlimited calling capacity because of the usage of local providers and data centers. The hybrid model is well-known and frequently uses in those companies that wish to maintain their physical infrastructure while using the cloud options simultaneously.
For instance, the Voiptime Cloud company supports both cloud and hybrid trunking models. You choose the right way of technology used in a call center and enhance it with the cloud features to conduct calls from any place in the world, just having a desktop or laptop with good internet.
Contact Center Trends for 2022 and beyond: Decisions for business longevity
Today, more than ever before, contact center managers are starving for effective decisions to stand out from the crowd, even when odds are against them. And they're a couple of strategic decisions you enable to boost your revenue to the stratosphere.
Decision №1 Distribute your remote agents
For years call center managers looked for cloud call center technologies to effectively launch a hybrid work model or wish to enable a 100% complete transition to the WFH model. The main benefit is to work from any location in a country or world. Plus, the option to hire on-demand during anticipated calling picks or seasonal volumes.
Decision №2: Hit the ground running with continuing operations in the remote environment
Shutting down office-based call centers is no limit with tools for business continuity. Of course, call center software must meet your needs in a home or hybrid working model.
Think about it for a sec. You reduce your overheads on the buildings, electricity, working conditions, and equipment. While operators save large chunks of time for getting to work and backward. Thus working flexible hours meets both your and their needs by preventing agent leakage. Plus, the economy moving towards this direction with the restrictions and constantly increasing overheads on renting.
Decision №3: Accept the rule of customer’s choices
As a business owner, you are conscious of the importance to consider customers’ preferences beyond everything else. If customers want the company’s presence across all channels, you will accept that as a rule. Make effective touchpoints with customers across all digital channels, with the speed of the internet.
Communication through the phone, chat, SMS, social media and email are as well as the phone conversation.
Moreover, a certain percentage of your customers are willing to communicate only through one specific channel, for example, through live chat, and never via phone. The phone is still the fastest and the most profitable source for closing sales, yet capturing all leads, even on other channels, is a proven way to generate additional income.
Decision №4: Self-service is the trend for customer satisfaction
Surveys constantly indicate that most customers are willing to use self-service first before contacting the company’s representatives.
IVR in your call center is one of the self-service tools, while FAQ sections and customer databases on your website contain critical information. The cumulative effect of these features in your company makes you stand out from the crowd and achieve a constant cash flow. That’s exactly what you need. Don’t you?
Decision №5: Security is the top priority
Security is when your call crosses the world wide web protected and encrypted on the highest level of the US, UK, Canada, and other countries' security standards.
For instance, Contact Babel in their research reported that 1 of 3 contact center owners examines each contact center technology vendor first of all at their security level. Security is the top priority and concern in migrating from on-premises to the cloud issue. Here’s where the Voiptime Cloud call center software can help.
Communication is safe using our cloud cause all operations are processed through certified data centers such as OVH. Here are the basic security standards OVH has:
- ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27017, ISO/IEC 27018-series. These standards are workable in the US, UK, and most developed countries. They cover cybersecurity and info security management, applying best-world practices for implementation.
- SOC 2 Type II; The world-class standard, which refers to reports to customers that wish to assure the compliance of their data.
- TLS 1.2 encryption; It’s the advanced level of data encryption that overtakes previous standards such as SSL 2.0,/3.0; and TLS1/1.1. The main purpose is to ensure better encryption and transition of data across the internet and other standards.
Thus all of the phones, chats, emails, and other omnichannel conversations with customers are protected from external sinister attacks, bypassing, or penetration. The Voiptime Cloud is ready to take a step forward by signing an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) with partners.
Decision №6: Boost your sales
Speaking about small and mid-sized businesses, they are currently stuck in choosing the right call center automation solution to meet security and contacting standards. They’re constantly struggling with a lowering in sales, performance, and attendance, while sometimes their offices shut down for an uncertain time. It’s time to change. For instance, boosting sales today is the top decision to achieve large returns tomorrow.
Decision №7: A Brand New Training Program
Thousands of kilometers between you and your employees are not the obstacle anymore for mentorship. Every manager finds this beneficial to use the call center automation to easily understand and perform training on reps.
Just visit the analytical stage in the Voiptime Cloud call center software, listen to time and date marked conversations, or look at the talking time of particular agents.
Stand Out From The Crowd With The Right Call Center Vendor
All the cloud features listed above you can have in your call center today. The Voiptime Cloud company is known for helping small, mid-sized, and enterprise-level businesses to launch their personal call centers within 48 hours. Take a look at the reviews.
Are you in a hurry? If so, for even faster service, order by phone. Just contact the Voiptime Cloud office now. Our lines are open from 8 A.M. to 1 P.M. (East Coast Time), from Monday to Friday. And our phone number is:
It’s easy to order the Voiptime Cloud cloud contact center software by contacting the Voiptime Cloud office by visiting voiptimecloud.com and using web chat from 8 A.M. to 1 P.M. (East Coast Time), from Monday to Friday!
Or fill out the Get A Quote form, especially when you want to reach us outside of working hours, on Saturday or Sunday. In this case, our team will contact you promptly and at the nearest time.
We wish you large returns and more often.