Thus, lots of sales representatives find closing sales as really tough work. However, without that feeling of risk, a successfully closed sale wouldn’t be so thrilling. Below you can find main steps which will help you not only to close sales, but to get to know how to close deals effectively:
- Be a helper, not a pitcher. You have to understand customer pain points and qualify their needs. By doing this, you not only make sure that you sell them what they need, but also make them feel understood and build a reliable relationship. Give prospects all reasons why your product or service is the right choice for them.
- Create a sense of urgency. Make an offer that indicates a special benefit and require immediate purchase. Whether it is a discount, attached deadline or something free, it will create the sense of urgency and will help overcome doubts.
- Be ready for objections. While preparing for sale presentations, try to think about all the objections that may occur. By having an outline of anticipated problems and a thoughtful analysis of the risks, you can reduce the resistance.
- Know your competitors. It is all about preparation. Study the market and learn more about your competitors. Do research and find out what the main benefits of your product or service are and how it differs from the others. Knowing the areas where you are more competitive, can lead to a quick close.
- Stay confident. Don’t react nervously or show anxiety because it will influence the tonality of your voice and your customer can sense it even over the phone. Believe in your product and keep your goal in mind. Remember the more confident you are, the easier it will be to close a deal.
- Watch what you say and how you speak. Keep it to the point and focus on talking to client about their needs. Client-centered selling is always a professional one. In addition, mind the speed and tonality of your voice. Speak slowly and clearly. It is important to give some time space for a client to understand and follow your idea. Besides, work on your tonality for sounding positively, enthusiastically and helpfully.
- Specify customer’s needs. Make your client feel like a special customer who is important to you rather than just another client on your list. Do this by specifying their needs and make sure that your product meets those needs.
- Summarize the close. It is vitally important to summarize all agreed points so that the potential prospect can visualize what they will get out of this deal.
How to close deals faster with the next closing questions:
- “It looks like our product is a good fit for you. What do you think?” Ending by asking for customer’s opinion, you emphasize that you are interested in their point of view and it sounds rather genuine than self-serving.
- “Would you like me to find the best solution for you?” Here you emphasize that you are going to help to identify a problem, develop a strategy and find the best solution. Such question gives an agent the image of an advisor.
- “Taking into consideration all your requirements and wishes, I think these 2 products will make a perfect fit for you. Would you like to go with 1 or 2?” With this statement you give your customer two alternatives and make them more inclined to choose one rather than turn away both.
- “Let’s discuss prices” By discussing prices and possible discounts, you move the conversation from abstract, general idea to actual agreement.
- “Tell me what you think about our product” This question gives you a possibility to figure out what holds your client back from buying.
Closing deals is the last and, probably, the most essential stage in selling process. As it is so important, it requires not only lots of practice and preparation, but also the use of certain techniques. Take the above-mentioned tips and be sure you will get top results in closing sales.