Together with reaching target audience and gathering valuable information, telesales is also proved to be effective for lead nurturing and qualification, appointment setting and management as well. It should be remembered, though, that launching a telesales campaign is a nearly starting point which doesn’t guarantee direct sales success. The key is to approach telemarketing in the right way. Therefore, to produce the desired results and ensure a steady workflow, it is recommended to follow effective telesales techniques.
5 telesales strategies that really work:
- Prepare for the call. This is one of the first and the most essential steps to be taken before making an introductory call. We live in the age of the internet and social media. Therefore, before you call a prospect, learn everything about them, i.e., their business, needs, interests, recently won contracts, etc. Do research on your client at different websites such as LinkedIn, Prospects, etc. Apart from this, you can also make an initial contact with the help of social media by connecting via mutual acquaintances or comment on their social post. Keep in mind that gathered information will not only help you to gain better selling position, but also to get a completely new set of opportunities.
- Follow a sales script. Using a script is always a subject of controversy. Yet, most specialists agree that a well-written telemarketing script gives possibility to efficiently handle various call interactions as well as to transform average sales representatives into professionals. The idea of a script is not to read it, but to use it as a guide helping you deliver your message clearly and confidently. When used correctly, sales script yields the following benefits:
- it helps you to create and constantly refine your sales methodology;
- it allows you to spend less time thinking about what to say in a certain call situation and more time listening to the potential customer;
- it provides a baseline for sales team’s performance.
To learn how to create an effective telemarketing script, check out our article “How to create a sales phone script”.
- Focus on customer challenges. The ultimate goal of telesales is not to trick prospects into getting a product or service that doesn’t work for them, but to provide beneficial solutions for solving daily business challenges. That requires a two-way conversation where sales representative proceeds with the qualifying questions and prospects articulate their needs. The key thing here is to talk less and listen more as it is the essential way to build trust and make a person feel valued.
- Follow up your prospect. Following up with potential customer is often what close the deal. For this, always remember next things:
- never leave the follow-up in the customer’s hand but set a clear date and time for further meeting or conversation instead;
- schedule and remember to follow up;
- have useful marketing material for keeping prospects’ interest.
- Organize your sales team. An effective telesales management has a direct influence on the overall success of your company. Therefore, it is important to create an efficient sales team organization. Here we can single out the following tips:
- Train sales representatives. By coaching your staff, you will be able to successfully organize the work of sales representatives and improve their sales skills. Listen to their calls, work on their mistakes, and discuss the way the company can do better and increase its revenue with them.
- Obtaining efficient software. An effective customer relationship management (CRM) tool provides sales agents with a program that captures information about each and every interaction with leads allowing your team to be more efficient. In addition, management has the possibility to know at which stage each lead is at any point of time, who is working on each lead and how long each individual has been in the pipeline. Simultaneously, every member of a sale team can quickly share information and provide updates. This greatly simplifies collaboration securing more deals closed.
You can try our Lead Management System completely free for 14 days.
Even though nowadays companies can approach their target audience and generate leads through new channels, telemarketing still remains one of the most effective ways for reaching the best possible results. By using successful telesales strategies, companies tend to spend far less than it is required with many other forms of marketing. Therefore, telemarketing proves to be vital and valuable business opportunity that you cannot miss out.